Capturing the beauty of the vintage and the Victorian… we created beautiful photographic prints on our lovely linens. We researched and used the original Cyanotype photographic printing process that produces a cyan-blue print that was discovered by the English scientist and astronomer Sir John Herschel in 1842. These are actual negatives that we “developed” on fabric in a little darkroom in our factory. Every panel of the garment has a photo print that is developed individually, one by one – leaving them to expose for hours at a time, sometimes even overnight. English tea roses, a little girl on a swing in her garden, love letters, butterflies.... a tumble of memories… all tied together with lots of pretty laces… Our styles are inspired by Victorian Fashion - décolleté styles, petticoats, Juliette sleeves, dresses & frock coats.
• 100% Linen + 100% silk organza
• Jacket Length 27" / Skirt length 40” / Model height 5'8"
• Turn over lace collar panelled jacket with peplum flare and pleated panels, pearl buttons
• Juliette sleeves with a rose bouquet print and wide printed cuff
• Worn over a sleeveless camisole with pleat detailing and delicate pearl buttons
• Flared panel skirt printed with rose bouquets
• Crochet laces in a gathered scallop hem
• Original photographic cyanotype Queen Bee print - 12 hours
• Comfort Fit
• Dry Clean Only
Why you'll love it
Sonnets in timeless linen... a love letter in Angel blue… you’ll love that every motif is a photograph… that each and every garment is unique… just for you.
How it's made
In this collection – we have used the process of Cyanotype Printing - a photographic process that produces a cyan blue print. We built a little “darkroom” in our factory, where we create beautiful cyanotype photographs on panels of linen that we put together in a Victorian, vintage collection with an abundance of laces. We are obsessed with Chintz designs - motifs we have developed are English tea roses, candelabrum, a comfortable armchair, a little girl on a swing in her garden, love letters, butterflies.... a tumble of memories!
Contemporary designs flow and drape over the body in interesting and flattering silhouettes that can be styled in a multitude of ways, resulting in a look that is both powerful and whimsical and always effortlessly stylish!